Wednesday, October 7, 2009

September - Discovery

It was another fabulous training in September! Here are some snipits from the notes that have come in:

“You helped SAVE my life! All my life I’ve been hurt and confused and constantly pitying myself because I didn’t understand why me? Why my family? I have struggled so much with feelings of hopelessness. So many times I have almost completely given up on my life. If it weren’t for my daughter I’d have ened it long ago. That’s how I felt before. Now I have shed all of those negative feelings and am now filled with the joy and peace I’ve been waiting for and deserve! - Rebecca White

“I can’t think of one part of my life that has not been changed by this experience. Mountains were moved – my heart is free. I once believed that the abundant life was not meant for me – that I was the exception to the rule. I came here needing to know that there was more to my life than what I had. You showed me that it is bigger and better than what I had hoped it could be.” - Lynn Erwin

“I came into this program with a feeling of no direction, fear of the unknown, insecurities in who I was and feelings of not being good enough. This program helped me deal with those issues in a way that brought out of me my own answers. I now feel like I’ve been given direction, I do not fear the unknown, I have a better sense of who I am, I do feel good enough and I now have confidence in maintaining what I have gained through this program.” - Raul Giron (?)

“Today I realize I am worthy of love not because of my job but because of who I am.” - Terri Robinson Professional Counselor

“This experience is totally different from anything I have ever been through. It has been good to receive vision and renew my passion for people.” - Stephen Birmham – Pastor

“What a wonderful weekend! I have never had such a life changing experience. I came here a cold-hearted, resentful woman. I am leaving a free, happy woman.” - Jenna Palmer

“I walked in these doors carrying 58 years of shame and anger over what happened to me as a child. I packed 24 years of anger at my ex-husband. I topped that off with years of guilt over how my divorce affected my 3 kids. Today, because of Discovery, I am free of the anger and shame and have forgiven myself for being an imperfect mom.” - Judy Hindelang

“I came into this program with what felt like the weight of the world on my shoulders. Now, I still have some weight on my shoulders, but it’s more like an empty backpack. And for that I would like to say thank you with all my heart.” - Jason Agan

No comments: